Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some updates

Woah, I can´t believe how fast time goes by, I haven´t uploaded since September, alot of things have happened during that time, anyway this year looks like it´s going to be very busy, with alot of great projects coming up and some of them will be with close friends, it´s always nice to team-up with people you cherish and respect, but also that you can trust, here are the projects I´ll be taking care of during the next two months:

The Jungle Book: This is the third time in a row I team-up with my pal Gerardo Sandoval, this time we are taking care of a new children´s adaptation of this classic story, I´ve seen the first 40 pages so far and Gerardo´s style changed a bit, instead of realistic he went to a toon style, and the way he draws animals is amazing, because of the personality he gives to each and every one of them, the cover and character spread are already done but as soon as I´m allowed to show them I won´t post a preview yet.

The Wizard of Oz: Now this is a very cherished project, this time I´ll be joining with another talented artist and friend, Jorge Break, this is the first "manga" book published by Stonearch Books and I hope we can do even more for them in the future. Another thing why I´m very excited about working on a new children´s adaptation of the Wizard of Oz is because my dear mother is a huge fan of the story, so there is alot of feelings being used in the creation of this book.

Fighting Spirit.- Jackie Robinson and Jim Thorpe: These are two different books from a series called Fighting Spirit illustrated by canadian talent Claude Saint Aubin. These are not biographical books but instead stories of regular people struggling in life but inspired by these two great sportmen.

Also Jason and the Golden Fleece is already being sold all across of the United States, you can find them at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or Books-A-Million by using the ISBN 978-1-4342-1172-9 , here I´ll share some of my favorite panels from the book.



I think this is all for now, but more news and previews are on the way, cheers !!!

No comments: